Built by Hugh McLean & Sons Ltd in 1951, and licenced to carry 144 passengers, this is the last surviving example of twenty-three Clyde ferries built to a similar design between 1865 and 1951.
Constructed for the Govan ferry route, it last served on the Kelvinhaugh route, which ceased in 1980. It then served as a tourist boat on the Forth and Clyde Canal between 1981 and 1999. This required alterations to the superstructure so it could pass under canal bridges.
Cont./